Minho Tour in Braga and Guimarães from Porto
- Explore the Triangle of Faith in Braga: the Cathedral, the Sameiro Sanctuary, and the Bom Jesus do Monte
- Visit the Guimarães Castle, full of history and the "birthplace of Portugal"
- Stroll through the medieval city of Guimarães
Relax and enjoy Portugal's lush and green landscape of mountains, valleys and rivers. This unique tour, starts in Braga, one of the oldest religious cities in the world, with its sanctuaries that constitute the faith triangle: the Cathedral and the Sanctuaries of Sameiro and Bom Jesus. After a delicious lunch (included in the tour) the tour continues to Guimarães, the cradle of Portugal with its unique historical centre – UNESCO World Heritage.
We chose to start in the heart of Minho, the city of Braga, ex-libris of the Baroque period, but which currently radiates youth. There are three shrines that comprise the triangle of faith, devotion and pilgrimage, which we will be visiting: the Cathedral, the Sanctuary of Sameiro and the Shrine of Bom Jesus. From the centre of Minho, we continue our journey to the cradle of the nation, Guimarães, where we’ll visit one the country's most treasured historic centres (a UNESCO World Heritage site).
- Hotel Pick up and Drop Off
- Guided Tour
- Meals and drinks not included in the lunch
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children from 0 to 5 years old: free (all extras to be paid by the adult in charge)
- From 6 to 10 years old: reduced
Pick-up at your hotel
- Visits offered in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
- Amendments and cancellation can only be made 48 hours prior to the booked time and date.
- Daily at 9.00am
- This tour will not operate on Dec 25th and Jan 1st
Guided tour through Oporto, Capital of the North of Portugal and UNESCO World Heritage. Everything i...
Your trip begins at Porto. You start moving South, towards the Bairrada region, famous for its gastr...
The tour will start with a visit to Portugal’s birthplace as a nation – Guimarães. The city has pre...
Feel the essence of Porto on this walking tour that will give you the opportunity to explore the his...
The Douro Wine Region, or the Douro Region is the oldest demarcated wine region in the world, being ...
The Arouca region is classified as a UNESCO World Geopark, are the 41 Geosites to find out where we ...