Angels and Demons semi-private half-day tour
- Follow the trail from Dan Brown's best-selling book through Rome
- Take a guided tour along the path of the Illuminati
- Enjoy a blend of history and literature with a knowledgeable local guide
Explore Rome following the trail of Robert Langdon in Dan Brown's best-selling novel: Angels and Demons.
This 3.5-hour tour begins at the Pantheon, where Robert Langdon, the protagonist of Dan Brown's best-selling novel, arrives having misunderstood a clue. His intended destination was the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo, and that's the tour's second stop. The Church is noted for the Chigi Chapel, where Langdon found the first dead cardinal, branded with the word earth on his chest.
Your next stop will be St. Peter's Basilica, the center of Christianity. In the middle of St. Peter’s Square you’ll find an obelisk surrounded by a wind compass rose. On the West ponente oval tile the protagonist found another dead cardinal, branded with the word air. After this, Langdon enters the Vatican’s secret archives to look for information about the Illuminati.
From the Vatican you’ll head to the Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria, where you’ll see Bernini's sculpture, Estasi di Santa Teresa. It was here that Langdon found the third dead cardinal, who was branded with the word fire. Your guide will take you through the most important places in the ancient city center, including Repubblica Square, and Navona Square, where you’ll see Bernini's stunning Fountain of the 4 Rivers and the obelisk. According to the book, Langdon finds the last dead cardinal here, branded with the word water.
From Navona Square you’ll head to the last stop, Castel Sant’Angelo, a gathering place of the Illuminati, and hear about the passetto, a hidden passage that leads to Vatican City. This shortcut was used by past popes as a way to escape, and in the book it is used as a hideout for the assassin.
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (for hotels inside the Aurelian walls)
- Small-group tour
- Map of the Illuminati
- Admission fee for Castel Sant’Angelo
- Admission fee for St. Peter's Basilica
Pick-up at your hotel in Rome (inside Aurelian walls). Please provide the name and address of your hotel at the time of booking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The pick-up service is provided only for the hotels located in the center of Rome. Please provide the name and address of the hotel where you are staying after booking
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Every day at 9.30am and 2.30pm
Are you arriving in Civitavecchia on a cruise ship and only have one day to see all Rome has to offe...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Visit the most charming places of the 'Eternal City', riding up the hills with no effort at all. The...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Immerse yourself in pure beauty, skip the line and get straight into the Borghese Gallery.Housed in ...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...