Archaeological Rome tour, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Visit the first and second tiers of the Colosseum
- Intimate groups of 15 or fewer fellow travelers
- Your passionate expert guides will show you the best sights
- See the final resting place of Julius Caesar
Explore not only the Colosseum, but all the major sites of Ancient Rome on this small-group tour that will provide context, history and fascinating anecdotes to bring the ruins to life.
The tour will start by skipping the long lines at the Colosseum and diving right into its bloody but politically-important history. As you wander the first and second tiers, your passionate expert guide will help separate fact from fiction that is often fed to tourists. From the lives of gladiators to the real hand signals that emperors used to condemn combatants, you’ll never get a more thorough and enjoyable lesson than this.
From entertainment to its business, you’ll head to the Roman Forum to learn about the commercial and political heart of the empire. Along the way, you’ll pass the titanic arch of Constantine, the final resting place of Julius Caesar, and the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, who were charged with the unenviable task of safeguarding the morality of Ancient Rome.
Finally, you’ll ascend the Palatine Hill and learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus, the mythological twin founders of Rome who were raised by a she-wolf. Explore ancient palaces and learn how the word 'palace' actually originated right here, in the home of Caesar’s heir - the first emperor of Ancient Rome, Emperor Augustus. As you hear tales of the characters that played such a crucial role in shaping history, you’ll come to understand the importance of this once-great empire like never before.
In a small group of no more than 15 people, you’ll have incredible access to an expert guide. There's no better way to immerse yourself in the legends and facts of Ancient Rome.
- The Colosseum
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line entry tickets for the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets for groups over 6 people
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-3 years): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12 years): reduced
Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Rome RM, Italy
Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum).
- The Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites that are neither wheelchair nor stroller friendly
- NOTE: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with skip-the-line access, there could still be delays when entering if capacity has already been reached. If this happens, we kindly ask for your patience if you are visiting on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance
- On the first Sunday of every month, entrance to the Colosseum is free to the public. Please note that, due to restrictions allowing fewer people inside the amphitheater than usual, there may be a slight delay in entry time on these days
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure
- Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour
- Every day at 8.30am, 9.00am, 10.00am, 1.30pm and 3.15pm
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Admire the sunset over the rooftops of Rome and enjoy the romantic atmosphere of Rome on this 3-hour...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip-the-line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...