Borghese Gallery and Gardens Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
- Admire the collection of great Italian masterpieces of Bernini, Canova and Titian
- Discover the Villa Borghese Gallery with its fountains, lakes and monuments
- Enjoy the surprisingly peaceful atmosphere that reigns over this incredible gallery
- Traverse the incredible Borghese Gardens after the museum (except for tours after 7pm, which do not include the gardens)
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for its vast collection of great Italian masterpieces of artists such as Bernini, Canova, Caravaggio and Titian. You’ll find sculptures, paintings and pieces that will make this one of the most interesting and varied art experiences of your life. The Villa was once home to Cardinal Scipione Borghese and many of the works of art inside the villa were commissioned by the Cardinal himself, known for being a dedicated patron of the arts. Wander the luxurious rooms of the Cardinal Borghese’s Villa and admire the groundbreaking masterpieces in their original setting – just as the artists intended them to be seen.
With a special gift of scouting out beauty, the Cardinal collected an impressive amount of masterpieces, from a number of Caravaggio’s earlierwork, to Gian Lorenzo Bernini’s ‘Apollo and Daphne’, Canova’s portrait of ‘Pauline Bonaparte’ and Raphael’s ‘The Deposition’. Your expert and professional English-speaking guide will walk you through the collection. You’ll get the most from this tour and from the surprisingly peaceful atmosphere that reigns over this incredible gallery.
The villa was built not far removed from Rome’s city center, and it is worth a visit both because of its art collection and architecture. The second half of your tour will take you through the Villa Borghese Gardens, with carefully trimmed lawns, fountains, lakes and monuments. This is truely a rare escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, an Eden in the heart of Rome. The tour ends with a breathtaking view from the top of the Pincio Terrace.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GARDENS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOURS THAT START AFTER 7PM
- Borghese Gallery skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Expert English/French-speaking tour guide
- Groups of 20 people or less
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0-3 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation (Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Reduced price for children 4-14 years old, with proof of age
Viale del Museo Borghese, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
In Piazzale del Museo Borghese, in front of the Borghese Gallery Main Entrance. (Villa Borghese entrance on via Pinciana). Your City Wonders guide will have a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFTERHOURS TOURS (FROM 7PM) DO NOT INCLUDE THE GARDENS AND DURATION IS 2HRS.
- The service ends at the Pincio Terrace overlooking Piazza del Popolo (except from 7pm tours, which end outside Borghese Gallery). From there, Piazza del Popolo and the adjacent Flaminio metro stop are a 5 min. walk; however, it is necessary to descend a long flight of steps to reach the piazza.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking - comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- From 5 to 10 March, during Culture Week, admission will be free
- This tour operates on various days and times depending on the language options, please consult the calendar.
- This tour has numerous departure times, the guest must select only one departure time when booking, and times are not interchangeable.
- Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. Missed tours or tickets due to late arrivals cannot be refunded.
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
The best time to see the Vatican is before the crowds descend. This express, early-morning ticket gi...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
Begin your tour with an introduction to one of Rome’s most beautiful Villas and its gardens. Once in...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a two hours and a half tour of Ancient Rome,...
Discover the beauty of Rome on board an eco-friendly electric car signed Renault: you can get close ...