Starting at the top of the Spanish Steps, you'll discover an old Roman obelisk and learn why it’s not quite as ancient as it appears. Then you'll head down the Steps, see the spot made famous by Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in ‘Roman Holiday’ and learn the fascinating backstory of the humble Fontana della Barcaccia. Then you'll pass designer boutiques and celebrity hang-outs on the Via Condotti and head into the maze-like streets of the historic center of Rome. Every corner hides a new surprise here and your guide will point out the sights and artifacts of the ancient city that are hiding in plain sight as we make our way through the neighborhood. Your destination is the iconic Trevi Fountain, star of silver-screen classics like “La Dolce Vita’ and ‘Three Coins for the Fountain’. Your guide will tell you about the origins of this masterpiece of public works as well as the many legends and traditions that surround it. You'll also discuss more verifiable facts like how much money actually gets thrown into it every year. In the end, you can throw your own coin in, just be careful how much you choose, the outcomes are very different. Sites Visited: Spanish Steps La Barcaccia fountain Via Condotti Trevi Fountain
Cinematic Rome: Trevi Fountain & Spanish Steps
- Learn about the legends behind the Trevi Fountain and toss your own coin into the water
- Hang out on the Spanish Steps like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday
- Stroll down the Via dei Condotti and see the places where Italy’s movie stars used to go to see and be seen
- Guided walking tour
- Expert local guides
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Infants up to 1 year are free of charge.
Piazza di Spagna, 20, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
We meet on top of the Spanish Steps by the obelisk Sallustiano. The Spanish Steps connect Piazza di Spagna square to Trinità dei Monti church. The obelisk we meet by is at the top of the stairs.
- Please note that guests must arrive 10 minutes before tour departure time
- 15 April 2019 - 31 October 2019: Daily at 10:45 am