Colosseum and the Vatican combo tour
- Get to visit the best of Rome in one single tour!
- Enjoy a tour of the Roman Forum and of the Colosseum
- Explore the Vatican Museums and admire the spectacular Sistine Chapel
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens. Skip the long line at the entrance and access the Roman Forum through a dedicated VIP entrance where you will enjoy breathtaking views over the archeological site. Walk along the Via Sacra ("sacred road"), immerse yourself in Roman history and reach the temple, which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated. Visitors from around the world still leave flowers and candles at the site to this day. Enjoy the Roman Forum and the Palatine on your own for approximately 1 hour and then meet your guide at the Colosseum.
Once inside the Colosseum, your expert guide will teach you about the amphitheater's bloody past, with tales of gladiators, mock sea battles, and executions.
Then, take a journey through the Vatican City’s highlights. Explore the Vatican Museums, see the spectacular Sistine Chapel and tour the interior of St. Peter's Basilica with skip-the-line tickets. This excursion into the Vatican’s legendary art and architecture starts at the Vatican Museums, which house the most important ancient art collection in the world. Your guide will lead you to the best galleries to see frescoes, statues, tapestries, and historical maps. Here, you will also find the Borgia Apartment, La Pinacoteca Vaticana and the beautiful Vatican Library.
Continue to the Sistine Chapel to admire masterpieces by Michelangelo, Botticelli, Ghirlandaio, Pinturicchio, and Perugino. Then, you’ll get to St. Peter’s Basilica ascending Bernini’s Royal Staircase, a masterwork of architectural achievement rebuilt in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- 25-minutes Ancient Rome multimedia video
- Admission ticket to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- 1-hour guided tour to the Colosseum
- Guided tour to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Reserved entrance to the St. Peter's Basilica
- Entrance to the Dome
- Guided tour into St. Peter's Basilica
- Food and drinks
Piazza d'Ara Coeli, 16, Rome
- Turistation Colosseum. Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office
- Dress code is required: shoulders and knees must be covered. No shorts are allowed for men or women for the Vatican Museums
- ID card is mandatory for kids under 18 years old
- Pregnant women, families with strollers and visitors on crutches or wheelchairs have priority entrance to the Vatican Museums
- Big bags and suitcases are not allowed in the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Your voucher is not the ticket; redeem your voucher at the Touristation office before visiting the attraction
- Be sure that you are wearing comfortable shoes as the museums cover a very large area
- Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once.This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Please make sure to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before your selected timeslot
- From 1 November to 31 March: Every day at 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.00pm (Tour in English)
- At 11.30am, 1.00pm (Tour in Spanish)
- From 1 April to 31 October: Every day at 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.00pm, 2.30pm (Tour in English)
- At 11.30am, 1.00pm, 2.30pm (Tour in Spanish)
- Closeout dates: 3, 4, 21 November, 1, 18, 25 December, 1, 5 January, 2 February, 1, 29 March, 5, 10 April, 1, 3 May, 2, 7 June, 5 July, 2 August, 6 September, 4 October
Due to the vast size of Rome’s historical district it is impossible to see all the highlights in a w...
Immerse yourself in ancient Rome's times before visiting the archeological area thanks to this 25-mi...
Enjoy fast track entrance to the Colosseum, one of the most important and well-known archeological a...
Feel free to explore Rome without the hassle of carrying your baggage around with you. The luggage s...
Visit all the best sites in Rome with a single 3-day pass, skip long queues and get easy access to R...
This tour for small groups allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican following the explan...
Explore the fascinating history of Rome thanks to this private tour of the Capitoline Museums with a...
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Imagine being able to dive into the sea of Rome. Thanks to the Regina Ciclarum, this dream will turn...
Explore not just the Colosseum, but all the major sites of Ancient Rome on this small-group tour tha...