Colosseum skip-the-line walking tour with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Learn stories behind the monuments of Rome on a leisurely walking tour
- Discover relics of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw-dropping Roman architecture
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire and learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70 to 80AD; centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheater is estimated to have once held 50,000 to 80,000 spectators. Your Gray Line pass will allow you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly.
Once inside, breath in the bloody past of the edifice, brought to life again by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history. Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine.
Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge. On the Palatine, Romulus and Remus were found by a she-wolf that kept them alive, which is supposedly how Rome received its name, so the legend has it. On the other hand, Rome might derive from the Etruscan word Rhumon (river). This is something we will never know. What we do know is that Rome has gained in popularity over that last 2,000 years and has proved worthy of its nickname “the Eternal City”.
At the end, you'll have time to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
- Tickets to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
- Professional guided walking tour
- Wireless audio headsets
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels (for pick-up upgrade option)
- Food or drinks
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-2 years): free
- Child (3-7 years): reduced
Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma
Tour without pick-up: the meeting point is by the Arch of Constantine, please be there no later than 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Tour with pick-up: please call the number you can find on your voucher 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pick-up time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pick-up time.
- For departures at 2.00pm the meeting time is at 1.30pm. Please note that from October 28, the afternoon tours will start at 2.30pm. The meeting time will be 2.15pm
- Pick-up service is provided from centrally located hotels
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue
- Due to shorter daylight, from October 28, during the afternoon tours, the visit to the Palatine Hill will be replaced with an external explanation from the Capitoline Hill
- The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine. The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking
- This tour ends in the Colosseum vicinity
- Every day at 9.30am and 2.00pm
- Please note that from October 28, afternoon tours will start at 2.30pm
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll take you from Ro...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
The best time to see the Vatican is before the crowds descend. This express, early-morning ticket gi...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
Gain privileged access to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica in the com...
Visit the main underground venues in Rome with a single pass: the Olympic Stadium and Trevi fountain...
Have a stroll through the stalls of Rome's Mercato Trionfale and taste typical products such as pros...
Spend a day discovering the beautiful countryside and villages, the “Castelli Romani”, just a short ...