Colosseum virtual reality experience with audio guide
- Discover the history of the Colosseum through an interactive historical 3D certified reconstruction
- Walk back in time to the 3 areas of the Colosseum: the crowded square, the exciting arena and the mysterious underground
- Skip the line to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill and enjoy the most important ancient Roman monuments
Join this innovative tour to explore the Colosseum like never before. Thanks to an animated and interactive 3D certified reconstruction integrated by a narrative-friendly voice, discover the most important ancient monument in the world. Meet the staff to collect your skip-the-line ticket and to receive the latest generation display Oculus VR to wear throughout the tour.
Be prepared to be virtually immersed in the ancient Rome of nearly 2000 years ago, when the Colosseum knew its moments of greatest glory and fame. You can walk virtually into its three areas, thanks to virtual reality: the square, admiring the gilded bronze statue of Nero; inside the arena between the roar of ferocious lions and gladiators fighting; into various corridors of the mysterious underground (and typically unknown to tourists) where slaves move around silently to prepare the shows and hungry animals are ready to suddenly be projected into the arena.
After completing the virtual experience, you will then be escorted by staff to the entrance of the Colosseum to complete the overview of its history "on your own".
Once your adventure inside the Colosseum has ended, if you're not tired, you can continue the cultural visit on your own, with the same "skip-the-line" ticket, inside a real open-air museum: the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill (house of Romulus, the founder of Rome).
- Audio guide (integrated in the 3D reconstruction) in English, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, French
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Oculus VR headset and Samsung S7
- Third-party insurance
- English-speaking VR Assistant
- Personal expenses
- Access to the Underground, Arena Floor and the Third Order
- Tour Guide
- Infant (0-1): free
- Child (2-17): reduced
Piazza del Arco di Costantino, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Meet us by the Arch of Constantine at the side of the Colosseum. Our staff will be holding a sign "Colosseum Virtual Reality" to be easily recognizable.
- Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at Colosseum, this could cause a slight delay on entering for "skip-the-line" ticket holders
- Please note: the arena and the underground will not be visited in person. The experiences is only virtual and you'll only see these sites through your Oculus VR
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the arranged time. Our staff will be holding a sign "Colosseum Virtual Reality" to be easily recognizable
- Customers who arrive late at the meeting point will NO longer be able to join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of rights or reimbursement.
- The activity is suitable for up to 20 participants
- Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 18 must carry a valid ID document
- Please note that there may be a slight delay in entering the monument for skip-the-line ticket holders, due to mandatory security metal detector checks at the Colosseum
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconveniences caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum due to strikes, bad weather or other unforeseen events
- Daily at 9.00am and at 11.00am
- Closed on the first Sunday of each month
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
This tour for small groups allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican following the explan...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
The Colosseum is considered the symbol of Rome and for many reasons. It is a masterpiece of architec...
The full ticket costs 8 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros. The price listed in the calendar in...
Embark on a half-day excursion of Rome onboard a vintage Italian car! Your driver will pick you up a...
With the election of Pope Francis, Papal Audience has become a lively event. Your tour assistant wil...