Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini guided visit
- Visit the ancient spa found under the headquarters of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- Learn about Palazzo Valentini's history
- Discover the result of the work of archaeologists, architects and art historians
- Experience a journey through time with the help of the new technologies put in place for the exhibition
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks to restoration work carried out by archaeologists and architects, and a virtual reconstruction made of lighting, sound effects and projections, you are now able to admire mosaics, decorations, flooring and pavements dating back to the 16th century. The new technologies put in place also allow visitors to experience the thermal baths, living rooms, kitchens and furnishing from the Imperial era.
The redevelopment project was conducted and curated by Piero Angela and a team of technicians and experts, including Paco Lanciano and Gaetano Capasso. The exhibition now takes visitors on a fascinating journey through time to discover the artistic and historical heritage of the Domus Romane and the Palazzo Valentini.
- Entrance ticket and guided visit of the Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini
- Citizens residing in the province of Rome over 65 years old
- Children 6-17 years old
Free of charge:
- Children up to 5 years old
Foro Traiano, 85, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The "Domus Romane" entrance is in Via Foro Traiano 85 (in front of the Trajan's Column).
- You will need to exchange your ticket on the day, before the start of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your entrance ticket
- Every day 9.30am - 8.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on: Tuesdays, 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The guided visits are available in different languages as per the following schedule:
- English: 9.30am - 1.30pm - 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Italian: 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.30pm - 6.00pm
- French: 11.30am
- Spanish: 5.00pm
- German: 1.00pm
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
Take advantage of a three-day ticket to visit four of the most important museums in Rome. - Start yo...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Active since 1937, Cinecittà is a complex of famous world-renowned film studios located in Rome. Ove...
Welcome To Rome is a fascinating and surprising show spread over 5 rooms and dedicated to Rome: you ...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Take your tastebuds on a tour of Rome's pizza and wines and learn how to make your own authentic Ita...