Montecassino day tour from Rome
- Visit the world-famous Montecassino and discover its amazing history and religious heritage
- Walk inside the beautiful abbey and take in its unique atmosphere
- Enjoy pick up service and transfers inlcuded in the experience
Visit Montecassino and discover its amazing history, its abbey and its places of memory.
The Abbey of Montecassino is one of the most famous in the world: St. Benedict chose this mountain to build a monastery that would home to the monks who followed him from Subiaco. He managed to turn this place into a well-structured Christian monastery where everyone could live with the dignity they deserved, through prayer and work.
Monks still live in the monastery today and still follow the "hora et labora" motto in their daily routine: some study in the library surrounded by ancient books, or do research on wonderful manuscripts, others welcome guests who arrive in search of a moment of inner peace and serenity. In the course of your visit, you might encounter some of them taking a walk in the cloisters before returning to their cells to pray in solitude. Once your day this fascinating and unique location is over you'll be taken back to your hotel in Rome.
- Pick-up and transfers
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Pick up is included within the Aurelian walls. Please contact your local operator to confirm your pick up place and time.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It's recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please remember: pick up is included for all accommodations within the Aurelian walls
- This tour can only accommodate a maximum of 15 participants
- Every day at 7.30am
Are you arriving in Civitavecchia on a cruise ship and only have one day to see all Rome has to offe...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Our Sistine Chapel Express & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour is one of the best ways to experience the Vat...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...
Enjoy fast track entrance to the Colosseum, one of the most important and well-known archeological a...