Rome by night segway tour
- See Rome's monuments spectacularly illuminated at night.
- Small groups of 8 people or less make for an easy-going tour
- Expert local tour leader will teach you how to ride a Segway
- Learn about the sights with a unique iPod presentation
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely transformed by the beautifully illuminated lights of the city, creating a festive, romantic and mysterious atmosphere throughout the area. Rome’s best-illuminated monuments are scattered around the city – making our Rome Night Tour by Segway the ideal way to see it all, from the Colosseum to the Trevi Fountain across the city, without getting stuck on a crowded tour bus.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Colosseum. Your tour guide will provide all guests with reflective vests to ensure your safety on the roads after dark. You’ll then enjoy a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
Your tour will start off in front of stunningly lit Colosseum. Locals often say the Colosseum is at its best at night, each archway is artfully illuminated with golden light. From here, your tour guide will bring you past glowing columns, ruins and ancient temples, leading onto Piazza Venezia and the grandiose ‘Wedding Cake of Rome’ or Vittoriano, build in honour of unified Italy’s first king.
Heading into the heart of the Eternal City’s historical centre, we’ll stop at famous sights such as the sparkling Trevi Fountain, where we’ll toss a coin in to ensure a return to Italy. Piazza Navona becomes a carnival at night, filled with merrymakers, strolling couples, and gurgling, glistening fountains. At Campo de’ Fiori, the daily local market is replaced by bars, restaurants and cafés catering to boisterous crowds.
In order to best experience Rome’s nightlife, your tour guide will point out favourite local pizzerias, gelaterias and bars as you cover neighbourhoods like Trastevere. You’ll be free to request a stop for a slice, ice cream or drink (not included), giving you ample time to sit and soak up the festive atmosphere. This is our most laid back tour. Depending on the group, your tour guide can personalize the itinerary to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time.
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly experience of Rome after sunset – our unique Rome Night Tour by Segway is perfect for you! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water and cafe are available to all of our guests.
- Training and riding session
- Segway rental
- Tour leader
- iPod Video Audio Guides
- Entrance tickets and inside visit to monuments are not included
- All monuments on this itinerary are easily visited from outside
- Extra hours
- Minimum age to ride the segway is 16 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- It is not possible to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum on a segway, and entrance tickets are not included
- All monuments are easily visited from outside
- Tour goes on rain or shine
- Daily departures at 7.30 pm
- From 1st November to 28th February 6:00 pm
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start by riding a comfortable trekking bike, guided by...
Start by visiting the wonderful church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins. Your guide wi...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
The mighty Colosseum is most beautiful and mysterious at night. Make your way through the gladiators...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
This tour begins at the Spanish steps, next the Barcaccia fountain in the middle of the Square, from...
Discover the beauty of Rome on board an eco-friendly electric car signed Renault: you can get close ...