Unesco jewels - Pompeii and Naples full-day tour from Rome
- Visit the world-unique Pompeii, the Roman city buried by the Mount Vesuvius eruption
- Spend a day surrounded by culture, with a panoramic overview of the lively city of Naples
- Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, traveling back in time to the tragic days of 79AD
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. You'll begin your journey down the “Highway of the Sun”, passing through the famous Roman countryside, Castelli Romani. Your first stop is Naples, a world-renowned city home to incredible views of the Mediterranean, Mount Vesuvius, and countless historic sites. You'll enjoy a short sight of the city, the seashore and the gulf of Naples.
After stopping for a traditional Italian lunch, you'll make your way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with skip-the-line tickets. You'll spend the afternoon exploring this once thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii remained buried under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 meters) deep. The city’s sudden burial served to protect it for the next 17 centuries from vandalism, looting and the destructive effects of climate and heavy weather. Explore the haunting ruins of Pompeii, traveling back in time to the tragic days of 79AD. You'll learn how people lived in those times, visiting houses, bars and restaurants.
After your tour of Pompeii, you'll resume your trip through the Roman countryside, enjoying the scenery as you leisurely make your way back to Rome. Return in time to enjoy the rest of the night in Rome at your leisure.
- Pick-up in selected hotels in central Rome
- Roundtrip transportation
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Audio headsets (in Pompeii)
- Local tour guide (in Pompeii)
- Beverages at lunch, and any other meal not mentioned
- Optional gratuities
- Children (ages 3-7): reduced
Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
Please call 24-48 hours ahead of time to receive your pick-up time. Hotel pick-up may be as early as one hour prior to the beginning of the tour. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time. If you're not staying at a centrally located hotel, please make your way to the church Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri (in front of the church, near metro stop Repubblica – metro A – and Termini Station – metro A and B).
- You can choose to take this tour in either English, Spanish and German
- French is only available from November through March
- Please note that language options are subject to availability
- Every day at 7.30am. The tour ends around 9.00pm
- 6.30am - Hotel pick-ups begin
- 7.15am - Meet at Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, if your hotel is not listed
- 7.30am - Depart for Naples
- Early Afternoon - Lunch
- Mid-afternoon - Explore Pompeii
- Evening - Drive back to Rome
Please note that entry to Pompei archaeological site will be free on:
- the first Sunday of the month from October to March
- April 25
- May 8
- June 8
- October 24
- December 24, 26, 31
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalf...
Enjoy a day away from the hustle of the city and join this 7.5-hour day trip out of Rome to discover...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
This tour for small groups (maximum 15 people) allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican ...
Be enchanted by the beauty of Reggia di Caserta, the XVIII century Borboni Royal Palace. In a group ...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a two hours and a half tour of Ancient Rome,...
Start by visiting the wonderful church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins. Your guide wi...
Join a tour led by an expert private guide and discover the best Rome has to offer: you'll get to vi...
Meet your local guide, an expert food connoisseur, near the Pantheon to start your small-group espre...