Vatican Museums highlights and Colosseum family combo tour
- Visit the Vatican Museums, Colosseum and Roman Forum with a specially designed itinerary for families with kids aged 7-12
- Gain skip-the-line access and explore all these sites with your expert guide
- Crafted props, visual aids, learning activities and games, all specifically developed for your kids' engagement
Treat yourselves to an incredible day of exploration at two of Rome’s most popular attractions. You'll experience one-day combo tour, so that you and your children will get a thorough taste of the treasures of the Vatican with the Sistine Chapel, as well as the world’s most iconic ancient arena and what was once the beating heart of the Roman Empire.
The Vatican Museums are a must-see for tourists of any age, so if you’re wondering whether your kids will get the most out of it, look no further. This fantastic guided visit starts with our special partners' skip the line entry, a 2-hour itinerary designed especially for families, careful explanations of some of the world’s best art, as well as specific activities and materials that your children are going to love.
Your kids will be full of energy and burning with curiosity as you step into the museum for a special visit with a passionate guide, whose insight, stories and games will keep your children engaged for an experience that is educational and fun at the same time. We have carefully chosen the most kid-friendly parts of the museum, weaving a rich narrative that covers not only the Vatican’s timeless masterpieces, but also the history of the Papacy itself.
Your young travelers will embark on a journey they will never forget as they explore with their expert guide and imagination to lead them, seeing the Pope-mobile, the wonders of ancient Egypt, the Gallery of Maps and Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. After the tour ends, your guide will show you where to gain direct skip the line access to St. Peter's Basilica, which you will be able to explore at your own pace.
After approx. 3 hour break, giving both you and your kids plenty of time for lunch and a rest, you’ll meet up across town for your Colosseum Family Tour in the afternoon. There are few historical sites in the world that spark the imagination like this immense amphitheater. With a rich history of emperors, gladiators, lions and mock-sea battles, there is something new and fascinating to discover at every turn.
Our early childhood education specialist carefully developed a 2-hour Colosseum tour, so your kids will feel like Emperor for a day. The result is an exciting and engaging adventure through Rome’s most iconic monument. Role-playing, visuals, and challenges will keep everyone involved as the gladiatorial arena and Roman Forum are brought to life. Your guide will enthusiastically narrate the history of the Colosseum through stories and anecdotes about the brave men who fought here and the emperors who ruled them, creating vivid pictures of the past. Feel free to participate and encourage your kids to ask questions in this open and interactive environment as the glory of Ancient Rome is explored at its top two archaeological sites.
- Fast track access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum, including ticket and reservation fees
- Skip-the-line access to St Peter’s Basilica
- English-speaking guides
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between two tours
- Children (4-14 years): reduced price
- Infants (0-3): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Vatican Museum meeting point (AM Tour) At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani. Colosseum meeting point (PM Tour) At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo"
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
Operating Days: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
Vatican Museums (AM Tour):
- Meeting Time: 10:00 am
- Departure Time: 10:15 am
Colosseum (PM Tour):
- Meeting Time: 15:45 pm
- Departure Time: 16:00 pm
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...