North Beach food four
- Discover the North Beach neighborhood with its exquisite Italian food scene
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts!
- Select an alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+
Join this San Francisco North Beach Food Tour to explore the Italian restaurant scene and former Barbary Coast – known as the most notorious neighborhood in America during the Gold Rush! Visit the Hidden Tunnels where booze was smuggled in up through Prohibition, and get an exclusive peek at the traditional Italian culture. Let’s eat and drink through this cultural neighborhood!
This 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between. Our North Beach Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of cioppino through its story of the person who made it and its invention story in North Beach. And yes, locally caught seafood is expensive! Enjoy famous tomato based seafood stew cioppino invented in San Francisco by Italian Fisherman Taste yummy croquettes in an alleyway trendy cocktail den featured in the New York Times Signature pork sliders in historic former Purple Onion Comedy Club where Phyllis Diller, The Kingston Trio, The Smothers Brothers and Maya Angelou got their start Taste delicious deviled egg and huckleberry fritter at award-winning Tavern in the historic Moose’s Restaurant Handmade kale chips and vegan sampler at Bolivian music venue located in the former Amelio’s, known for hosting Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe’s wedding dinner. Meet Quentin the owner and hear how she met her husband, a two time Latin Grammy nominated musician, and fell in love before opening their food & music venue together Authentic Italian wood-fired pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast – Voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US according to People Magazine’s Pizza Search Hearty and cheesy arancini at old-time historical Italian red sauce restaurant, a North Beach neighborhood hotspot Hand-filled authentic cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe A trio of Gelato tastes featuring partnerships with local food purveyors – TCHO Chocolate, St. George Spirits, Numi Tea and Fiddyment Farm Pistachios
- 4-course progressive pre-fixe dining experience
- Guided tour of North Beach
- 3 drink pairings (if selected at check-out)
- Additional food and drinks
Start location varies but is always within a 3-block walk from Washington Square Park
Click here for current meeting location
- The following dietary restrictions, amongst others upon request, can be accommodated: vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten-free, pregnant guests, no pork, no seafood
- You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process
- This tour has a 4-person minimum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to help you reschedule onto another time or date with other guests, or offer a full refund.
- Flat route, approximately 1.5 miles walking required
- Monday, Friday and Saturday: 3.00pm
- Saturday: 11.00am
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
On this relaxed, two-hour cruise, you’ll enjoy spectacular sunset views, live guitar music and light...
Venture north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient...
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour! Experience this per...
This is the best way to get the most out of wine tasting and enjoy the splendor of the Sonoma Wine C...
Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco offers an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chi...