Enjoy a picturesque horse riding tour which will enchant you from the very first moment. Suitable for all ages and families, this tour is the best way to see the country side and the beautiful Bulgarian mountains on a day trip from Sofia. The centuries old St. George Monastery is perched on a high rock in the midst of Teteven Balkan overhanging the village of Glozhene. The ride starts from the village of Golyam Izvor, a 1-hour drive from Sofia. The terrain is mountainous, as the trail passes through centuries old beech forests and high pastures. After your trail ride, enjoy lunch during your visit to St. George Monastery.
Day trips & excursions
Balkan horse riding - Glozhene Monastery ride
Availability: Every day
Duration: 7 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- See the countryside and mountains from your own horse
- Take an adventurous day trip to the Bulgarian mountains
- Visit St. George Monastery over the village of Glozhene
- Get a splendid view of the terrain
What to expect
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Rent of a saddled horse and a helmet
What's not included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
Departs from your central accomodation in Sofia or designated meeting place arranged with the tour operator.
What to remember
- Horses are cross-breeds between the local East-Bulgarian and Karakachan with a mid-height of 150 cm. Tack: Western or military
- Minimum age of 11 years old to join this tour
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Daily at 9.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.