Essential walking tour of Venice
- Have a walk through the most important places of Venice
- Explore St Mark's Square area, its more famous sites and hidden gems
- Discover with an experienced guide the past of the Serenissima Republic
- Admire the truly beauty of Venice and its peaceful canals
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as the Great School of Charity (the Captains of Fortune). Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites such as the Doge's Palace or the Basilica. It is a walking tour which will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- St Mark's Square
- Doge's Palace (external)
- The Basilica (external)
- Clock Tower
- The Procuratie
- Santa Maria Formosa
- Campo and Church SS. Giovanni e Paolo
- Malibran Theater
- 1 hour and 30 minutes walking tour throughout Venice
- Professional tour guide
- Personal headsets to hear the guide better
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance to sites (only external explanations)
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
S. Marco, 146, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of the Yex Change Office near the Clock Tower in St Mark's Square.
- This tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Every day at 9.00am
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted ...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This is a guided tour of the area between Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge. Some of the famous...
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before divin...
Venice Shuttle is a fast shared boat service from Marco Polo Airport to Venice center and vice versa...
Join this unusual tour to discover the mysteries of the city of Venice.When the sun will go down and...
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...