Private guided tour of Padua from Venice
- Discover one of Veneto's most charming and lively cities with the help of a local guide
- Admire Padua's most important landmarks including Palazzo del Bo, Piazza delle Erbe, Palazzo della Ragione, Prato della Valle and Basilica del Santo
- Enjoy a private tour including round-trip high-speed train tickets from Venice
Padua's history, culture and traditions turned it into one of the most charming and picturesque cities in Veneto. Let yourselves be fascinated by its world-class monuments and buildings.
Step back in the Roman period, when the city was one of the richest marketplaces of the peninsula, or in the 14th century, when Padua was a booming center under the lordship of the Carraresi family. Discover the city where Giotto, Galileo Galilei, Gabriele D’Annunzio, Francesco Petrarca, Mary Shelly, William Shakespeare and many others lived.
Your tour will begin at 8.42 from the railway station of Venice Santa Lucia. Here you will take a speed train that will bring you to Padua in only 25 minutes. Your private guide will wait for you at Piazza Garibaldi, which can be easily reached with a pleasant 10-minute walk or, in alternative, with public transport.
Thanks to your expert guide you will discover the treasures of the Paduan historic center, starting from Cafè Pedrocchi, an 18th-century literary cafè and passing by Palazzo del Bo, the historic headquarter of the University of Padua, founded in 1222. Your tour goes on through the lively squares of the city, Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza della Frutta, separated by the elegant and majestic Palazzo della Ragione, former headquarter of the city court. Further ahead you will find the exquisite Piazza dei Signori and the Torre dell’orologio with the astrological clock.
Stop at Piazza Duomo and admire the Romanesque-styled cathedral and the baptistery. Walk through the narrow streets of the Jewish ghetto, with its picturesque glimpses. Finally, you will reach Prato della Valle, which is one of the largest and most suggestive squares in Europe. Last but not the least, stop by the Basilica del Santo, the symbol of the city, which houses the remains of Saint Anthony, patron of Padua.
After this guided tour, enjoy a refreshing lunch and some free time. In the afternoon, we suggest you the visit to the Orto botanico of Padua, the most ancient botanic garden located in its original place and nominated World Heritage site by UNESCO. Your visit to the city of Padua ends at 18.51 at the railway station where you will catch the speed train back to Venice.
- Round-trip Venice/Padua train tickets
- 2-hours guided walking tour
- Entrance tickets to the Botanic Garden
- Other eventual public transport tickets
- Entrance tickets to the monuments
- Food and beverage
- Hotels pick-up/drop-off
- Infant (0-3): Free
- Santa Lucia railway station, Venice
- Then, meet your guide at Piazza Garibaldi, Padua
- Please be sure to get to the station at least 15 minutes prior to train departure time
- Non-refundable tour. No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals
- This tour is private
- The tour will be provided also in case of rain
- Please provide a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to the guide
- Remember to have the train PNR or the copy of your train ticket with you
- From Tuesday to Sunday at 8:42 am
An unforgettable experience that will open your eyes to the fascinating world of manufacturing and g...
Meet your local guide in the center of Venice and with a short 15-minute walk through the hidden str...
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before divin...
Enjoy this wine tasting in a typical Venice bar and feel just like in a wine yard: you will taste fo...
On this tour led by a private expert guide, you will discover the most beautiful and famous monument...
Join this private cooking class and learn to cook Cicheti like a local with your personal chef.Ciche...