Tasting of Amarone and Valpolicella wines at Zýmè in Verona
- A food and wine experience in the heart of Valpolicella
- Tour the Zýmè cellars, one of the most interesting of the region
- Taste a sampling of Amarone and Valpolicella wines
Zýmè, born in 1999 after the recovery of the ancient sandstone cave of San Pietro of Coriano in the heart of the Valpolicella region, has a rich history that grew alongside the story of the founder and winemaker, Celestino Gaspari. Gaspari, a native of the Valpolicella region, studied agriculture and worked for over 10 years with Giuseppe Quintarelli in his business, encountering and mastering the greatest classics of the region: Amarone, Valpolicella and Valpolicella Ripasso. His devotion to an untiring search has brought him to successfully start and grow a handful of wineries until he achieved his own perfect creation known as Zýmè, renowned today on an international scale.
Zýmè, meaning 'brewer's yeast' derives from ancient Greek and is fundamental to the world of winemaking. It is a symbolic element that invokes a vision of nature and fermentation, intended as a reference to continual transformation. When visitors enter into Zýmè, they are overcome by the full experience: the architecture, the history and the aroma, all leading to the moment of tasting, when it is possible to take in the typical flavors of the winery.
Choose one of the following offers:
- Acqua Tour: Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
- Terra Tour: from Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection accompanied by platters of cold cuts and typical cheeses
- Sole Tour: Saturday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
- Private tour of the winery
- Private tasting (Amarone and Valpolicella wines, meats and local cheeses, bread, savory marmalade)
- Transportation (available upon request)
Via Cà del Pipa, 1 37029 San Pietro in Cariano – Località Mattonara, Verona, Italy
Az. Agr. Zýmè di Celestino Gaspari.
Prizes and awards:
- Amarone Classico 2008 (96 punti – Platinum Medal da Decanter World Wine Awards 2016)
- Amarone Classico Riserva 'La Mattonara' 2004 ('Grande Vino' Slow Wine 2017; 96 punti + Faccino Doctorwine 2017; 4 stelle + Corona Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017; 4 viti + certificato d’eccellenaza Ais – Vitae 2017)
- The tasting with cold cuts platter is available from Monday to Friday
- The wine-only tasting is available from Monday to Saturday
- The times for tastings are: 10.30am; 2.00pm; 4.00pm
The Verona Walking Tour is the ideal solution for those who want discover the fascinating Verona Are...
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
Enter the grand amphitheater and visit one of the world’s great open-air concert venues with a licen...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...
Legend tells that the name “Valpolicella” is derived from the words “valle” “poli” and “cellae” mean...
With this tour you only have to think about having fun and tasting the incredible wines of the Veron...