Vicenza: 2.5-hour private guided tour
- See the famous Piazza dei Signori and the astonishing beauty of the Basilica Palladiana
- Admire the Teatro Olimpico, the first covered theatre in the whole Europe!
- Explore the hidden corners of the town and find out what locals like to do, the little typical bars and aperitivi places
- See the typical pretty and flowered bridges above the main river which crosses the town, the Bacchiglione
The main focus of this walking tour through Vicenza old town will be the importance of the worldwide famous Palladio architect in shaping the beauty of this little town.
In Vicenza you will see numerous monuments that Andrea Palladio (1508 - 1580) designed for this area. The aim of this guided walk is to illustrate the history of Vicenza through its art, especially the masterpieces of Palladio, undoubtedly one of the greatest architects of the Renaissance, emphasizing the evolution of Vicenza's town planning, in particular from the XV to the XVI centuries.
You'll be amazed by the Basilica Palladiana, a very particular and fascinating building right in the middle of Piazza dei Signori; you'll see the Teatro Olimpico, the first covered theater of the whole Europe and walk on Ponte degli Angeli, one of the symbols of the town with its evocative monument.
You'll have the chance to see the very typical bars, corners and hidden streets of the town where locals like to spend their free hours for a good coffee or delicious aperitivo.
One final tip: you might want to bring along your camera!
- tour led by an expert guide
- food & drinks
- entrance fees to museums/attractions (in case you decide to visit any of them in particular)
Viale Roma, 16, 36100 Vicenza VI, Italy
The meeting point is next to "Toto' Bistrot" cafè (you just need to cross the street in front of the station)
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- Every day at 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Saturday 7 December 2019 from 23.30 AMNESIA milano welcomes Boris Brejcha >> Tickets Online: Buy now...
Friday, November 22nd third act for 'Special Request' the new We Play club night The Music We Love. ...
Saturday 30 November 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano welcomes KNTXT w / Charlotte de Witte Monoloc...
DANCITY WINTER 2019 26th / 27th / 28th December Auditorium S. Domenico, Foligno _____ PROGRAM: Openi...