After pick-up up in Doha, you will head approximately 40 kilometers north of Doha where you will discover the cultural heritage of Qatar. Your first stop will be at the Umm Salal Fortress. This tower was built as a residence for Sheikh Jasim Bin Mohammed Al-Thani in the late 19th century. The building is still occupied and is not open to the public, but can be seen from outside. The next visit will be Al Zubarah, an important archaeological site famous for its old fort which was build in 1938 during the power of Sheikh Abdullah Bin Jassim Al-Thani. You will then proceed on to Al Ruwais to see the Dhow boat harbor and take a short break at the Ruwais beach to relax and feel the fresh sea breeze. On your way back to Doha you will pass by Al Khor, which is the second biggest town in Qatar and famous for its harbor and beautiful surrounding beaches.
Excursions & day trips
North of Qatar half-day tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 6 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover the cultural heritage of Qatar
- See the dhow boat harbour of Al Ruwais
- Get to know more about the history of Qatar
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Pick-up and drop-off from any location within Doha City limits
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Stop at Zubarah Fort
- Visit the dhow harbour in Al Ruwais
What's not included
- Infants from 0 to 3 years old are free
- Children from 4 to 11 years old are reduced
After booking you will receive the local partner's contact details.
What to remember
- Please leave your pick-up details at check-out and confirm them with the partner after booking. You will find the partner's details on the voucher after booking
- All guides are licensed and English-speaking
- Please refer to the calendar for the updated times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.