The city of David is a 3,800-year old site that’s outside the old city walls. Thanks to your expert guide you will trace the story of Jerusalem through the ages as you discover archeological excavations. You will see the first temple homes at the Royal Acropolis and visit the Citadel that protected Gihon Spring, Jerusalem’s main water source. You will also take an adventurous walk through Hezekiah’s Tunnel, then visit the Givati Excavation, where digging underneath a modern parking lot has revealed golden coins, a queen’s palace and Roman amphorae.
Excursions & day trips
Guided tour of the Biblical City of David
Language: English , Hebrew
Availability: From Sunday to Friday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Explore active digs, an ancient tunnel and early Jerusalem's landmarks
- Learn about the history of the city and its active site
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (age 5-17)
- Seniors (age 67-99)
City of David, Ma'alot Ir David Street, Jerusalem
Please meet at the ticket counter of the City of David.
What to remember
- Visitors can expect a 20-30 minute walk through the tunnel, with a longer times during busier periods of the year
- Flashlights and Water shoes are needed in the water tunnels. Both can be purchased at the site
- The use of candles, as well as walking without shoes is absolutely prohibited
- Entrance to Hezekiah’s Tunnel is recommended from age five
- Walking through the tunnels is not recommended for those with claustrophobia
- The water may reach 70 cm high (a little over 2 feet high)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Babies may be carried through Hezekiah's Tunnel in a front carrier, but not in a back carry
- One may rent a baby carrier in the City of David. Strollers are not permitted
- Sunday to Friday at 10.00am
Holiday Travel (israel) LTD
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.