See the beauty of the Kazimierz Jewish District, fraught with quaint narrow streets, tenement houses and coffee shops, where people from around the world meet every day. The story of “the city inside the city” reports the historic events the Jewish residents of the Kazimierz district and the city of Krakow had to face. During the guided walking tour, you will see the everyday reality of the “unfinished city” and listen to the story of the heroes of the Kazimierz district commemorating their experience. The itinerary of the guided walk includes exploration of historic tenements houses, artistic coffee shops, Jewish synagogues (e.g. the Old Synagogue, the Tempel Synagogue and the Izaak Jakubowicz Synagogue) and a visit to the New Jewish Cemetery. Finally, you will head to the Podgórze district on the other side of Vistula, where you will learn about the history of the Krakow Ghetto.
Jewish Kazimierz District walking tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- See Kazimierz, the former Jewish district with a dark history
- Step inside the district used as the set for Steven Spielberg’s Schindler’s List
- Explore the remnants of the World War II ghetto in Podgórze
What to expect
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
What's not included
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Food and drinks
- Youth (5-25)
Krakow Main Square
Next to Church of Sw. Wojciech (St. Adalbert’s Church)
What to remember
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, uneven grounds, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.