Kickstart your experience in the Big Easy with a visit to the alluring Whitney Plantation! Step back in time as you explore this 18th-century plantation museum, the only one of its kind in Louisiana. On this fascinating guided tour you’ll see museum exhibits, memorial artwork, and restored buildings. Learn about an important part of American history as recorded from first-person slave narratives.
Whitney Plantation tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 5 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take an eye-opening look into American history
- Gain a unique perspective on evolution of a working plantation
- Learn about Spanish Creole architecture inside the Big House
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Round-trip transport from/to central New Orleans
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Tips (optional)
400 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 USA
Please meet at the Lighthouse Ticket Office at 400 Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River, behind the JAX Brewery.
What to remember
- Face mask required at all times. Temperature checks required before tour start. Social distancing is required during tours. Hand sanitizer available
- At least 10 people are required for this activity to take place
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- This bus tour has a good amount of walking at the Plantation house and you must be able to climb and descend stairs
- No video is allowed inside the plantation home
- Snacks are available at the plantations and guests are welcome to bring light food/snacks for the trip
- Only dry snacks/foods and beverages with tops are allowed on the vehicles. Coolers or meals are not allowed
Gray Line Louisiana
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience