Explore the Freedom Trail in New York City on this two-hour walking tour. You’ll learn about how brave people created the networks and contacts in Brooklyn and Manhattan which formed the Underground Railroad. Your guide will take you to an archeological site and memorial built in memory of colonial America’s enslaved Africans. You’ll get to see some of the former stations on the Railroad, including people’s homes and churches that were used to hide escaping slaves. The tour will also describe the riots, revolts, and dramatic escapes that occurred and you’ll hear exciting tales of the courage and triumph of real New Yorkers who risked their lives and property to help people escape from the chains of slavery.
Attractions & guided tours
New York City Slavery and Underground Railroad Tour
based on 3 reviews
Availability: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn about the Underground Railroad
- See real homes and churches used to hide escaping slaves
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Local expert guide
- Infants (ages 0-4): free
- Children (ages 5-11)
- Students (with a valid ID)
- Seniors (ages 65+)
1 Bowling Green NY, NY 10004
Meet your guide in front of the American Indian Museum.
What to remember
- Tour itinerary may be modified or canceled due to special events (parades, marathon, traffic conditions)
- The tour ends in Broadway [between Reade Street and Duane Street]
- Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 1.00 pm
- Schedule subject to change. Please check the calendar for updated availability
Inside Out Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.
What people say about this experience
based on 3 reviews