On this 2.5-hour guided walking tour, you'll learn about the history of the Gilded Age in New York City. Gazing up at the architecture and decoding the street walls, you'll see where the brownstones were replaced by cast-iron and steel frame buildings. The tour covers specific blocks in Midtown, allowing you to pass world-class shops, theaters, hotels and museums as a history buff guide explains the surroundings. Learn about the fascinating evolution of the city, and how it moved uptown from present-day SoHo to Times Square, Museum Mile and Fifth Avenue.
Ruins of a Forgotten City Manhattan walking tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Do this because
- Learn about the neighborhood’s fascinating architecture and famous residents
- Discover Madison Square Park, Fifth Avenue and Broadway
- Pass by NYC landmarks including Empire State and Flatiron Buildings
What to expect
- Live guide
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
Flatiron Building at 175 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10010
Please meet on the east side of the base of the building
What to remember
- This tour is weather-dependent. In the event of cancellation due to weather (at the discretion of the tour operator), customers will be notified the day before and will be refunded in full. Every effort will be made to accommodate a rescheduling date
- A minimum number of two guests is required for the tour to operate. In the event of cancellation due to minimum numbers not being met the customer will be notified the day before and will be refunded in full
- Single travelers will be notified shortly after booking if any alternative tour dates can be offered
Manhattan Unlocked Historical and Architectural Walking Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the activity begins.