According to Amália Rodrigues, the great Fado singer, "The point is to feel fado. Because fado is not sung, it happens. It can not be explained, only felt." The project "Fado by Casa da Guitarra" intends to represent the essence of this musical genre which will be offered to you. During the one hour-long concert, you will contact with very unique Portuguese cultural values - fado, Portuguese traditional stringed instruments, wine - deeply related to Portuguese history. The acoustic fado performance takes place in an intimate setting with a female leading singer, accompanied by a Portuguese guitar player and a guitar player (viola de fado), who occasionally lends his voice to the fado songs. A glass of port wine is served during the interlude.
Tickets and events
Casa da Guitarra Porto fado show
based on 2 reviews
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Enjoy an incredible musical performance at Casa de Guitarra
- Discover one of the most famous fado venues in Porto
- Fado is the most representative art form in Portugal, named by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- A glass of local port will make your experience even more memorable
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Fado show
- Glass of port
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
- Youth 13-18 years old: reduced
Av. Vimara Peres 49, 4000-061 Porto, Portugal
Before the Luis I bridge on the upper level
- Monday to Sunday at 6.00pm and 7.30pm
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show
- Closed: 24, 25 and 31 december, 1st of january
Casa da Guitarra
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience
based on 2 reviews