Come on a Super Jeep to witness one of the world's rarest natural phenomenon: a blue ice cave. This is a fantastic winter experience in Vatnajökull national park in Southern Iceland departing from Jökulsárlón, the glacier lagoon. This stunning miracle of nature is a must-see for anyone visiting Iceland during wintertime and one of Iceland's most famous attractions. During this tour, you'll be standing inside an ancient glacier that holds a natural blue ice cave with different shades of blue colors and formations.
Crystal blue ice cave tour from Jökulsárlón with a super Jeep
Availability: From November to March
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Experience the out-of-this-earth beauty of the crystal blue ice cave
- Enjoy the ride in a super jeep
- Take that one Instagram-worthy picture to show to everyone
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Pick up from Jokulsarlon, the glacier lagoon
- Ride on a 4×4 SuperJeep up to the glacier
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Small Group (14 persons max)
- Ice cave Equipment: Helmet, Headlamps, and Crampons
What's not included
- Hiking boots (hard on the sole and tight around the ankle)
- Warm clothes (first layer, ideally wool)
- Waterproof clothing (second layer)
- Gloves and hat
- Children (0-8): Reduced
Road number 1, 781 Jökulsárlón
The meeting point is in the parking lot of Jökulsárlón, the glacier lagoon. The guides will be by Super Jeep with a sign marked Troll Expeditions south to the Jökulsárlón Cafeteria.
What to remember
- The tour is suitable to families
- Jeans are not recommended for glacier activities. Once denim gets wet it spreads moisture and takes a long time to dry, leaving the wearer cold
- The minimum age for the tour is 6 years
- Please meet 20 minutes before the departure time stated on your ticket
- The tour operates daily at 10.00am and 1.30pm
- The tour is seasonal and operates during the months of November to March
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.