Discover a new side of Vancouver with a walking tour of the city's most scandalous locations from the prohibition era. The tour will start at the Gastown Steam Clock and take you on a journey back to 1917, when prohibition was introduced in British Columbia. Your guide will tell you all about the history of the era, including the villains, politicians, and mobsters that controlled the city. You'll walk through historic streets and alleyways, once home to opium dens and blind pigs. The tour will finish on the cobblestone streets of Maple Tree Square, where you can grab dinner or a drink at one of Gastown's many bars and restaurants.
Forbidden Vancouver walking tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Travel back in time on this unique walking tour of Vancouver
- Discover the city's prohibition era hotspots
- Walk through historic streets and alleyways
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided walking tour
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
Gastown Steam Clock, 305 Water St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1B9, Canada
- Please meet your guide at the Gastown Steam Clock, 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
What to remember
- This tour is not recommended for children under ten years old
- Tours are designed for adult audiences and do contain some references to mature subject matter. The age recommendation is 14+ but children aged 10+ can attend accompanied by a parent
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours operate rain or shine and are outside, please dress appropriately for the weather - In the summer, it's recommended to bring a sweater or jacket. In the spring or fall please bring a waterproof jacket and sturdy footwear. Hat and gloves will help on colder nights
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- The minimum number of participants required for this tour to run is two people
- There is a maximum number of 20 people for this tour
- Assistance dogs are welcome on this tour however any other pet animals are not welcome on this tour
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.