Travel in a comfortable, luxurious, air-conditioned Mercedes minivan to explore Schokland, Giethoorn and De Orchideeën Hoeve on a day trip from Amsterdam. Ride through typical Dutch polder landscapes on your journey to each destination.
Begin your tour in Schokland, this area and its surroundings are a UNESCO World Heritage site with a history dating back thousands of years. Enter the Schokland Museum with your included tickets, discover the several exhibitions, the 490 hectares of natural heritage and the 50-year-old Schokker forest that creates a perfect place for all meadow birds to breed.
Next, visit the picturesque Giethoorn with history which dates back to the Middle Ages. It is one of the most popular tourist villages of our country and has been nicknamed 'Dutch Venice'. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the village and provide you with tips and facts about the town including local restaurants, shops, attractions, activities and more! Then, wander off and explore Geithoorn on your own with free time.
Finally, visit The Orchid Farm also known as the Orchideeën Hoeve. Receive the entrance ticket from your guide and enjoy the tropical gardens at your own leisure.
- Start your day in the beautiful Amsterdam
- Drive to your first destination; in Schokland
- Visit the Schokland Museum
- Drive to your second destination; the picturesque Giethoorn
- Explore the old, delightful village Giethoorn and experience leisure time here
- Drive to the Orchideeën Hoeve
- Discover the varieties of flowers and animals and also the tropical gardens!
- Drive back to Amsterdam