Alte Nationalgalerie skip-the-line ticket
- A fantastic collection of Neoclassicism, French Impressionism and more
- A special exhibition of August Kopisch, an eclectic artist of 19th Century
- Easy to reach on Museum Island
- Good option for rainy days
The Alte Nationalgalerie (Old National Gallery) is one of the five exceptional museums situated on Berlin’s Museum Island. Its collections rage from Classicism to Romanticism, Biedermeier, French Impressionism and early Modernism. You can find splendid works from artists like Caspar David Friedrich, Karl Friedrich Schinkel, Claude Monets or Max Liebermann.
Until the end of July the museum hosts the cabinet exhibition "Small Masterpieces" displaying studies, sketches and miniatures that rarely were in the public eye before. Later in autumn a Rodin exhibition will be inaugurated, that focuses on the artists less known bronze statuette "The Hero".
After the visit of the museum a rich museum shop expects you for some fascinating souvenirs or gifts.
- Entrance to the collections of the Alte Nationalgalerie
- Entrance to the exhibition of works of August Kopisch
- Entrance to other museums on the Museum Island
- Students (ID required)
- Disabled people
- Children (ages 0-17): free with proof of age
- Note: under-18s require a ticket even though entrance is free
Bodestraße 1-3, 10178 Berlin
Subway: U6 "Friedrichstraße" City train (S-Bahn): S1, S2, S25 "Friedrichstraße"; S5, S7, S75 "Hackescher Markt" Tram: M1, 12 "Am Kupfergraben"; M4, M5, M6 "Hackescher Markt" Bus: TXL "Staatsoper"; 100, 200 "Lustgarten"; 147 "Friedrichstraße"
- This ticket is not refundable
- Some parts of the Museum are not accessible for wheelchairs
Open everyday except on Monday:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Thursday: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Reduced opening hours on national holidays
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...