Full-day history and cultural tour in Dubai
- Visit the Dubai Museum in the oldest building of the city
- Cruise along in a traditional water taxi, an Abra
- Enjoy an educational tour suited to history and culture lovers
You will spend a rewarding day exploring Dubai, experience its culture and learn about the UAE’s history on this full day tour.
Starting in Al Seef district at Dubai Creek whence the city spread, you will follow the steps of fishermen, pearl-divers and weavers who once came to trade as you will wander through the Sikkas, pedestrian streets that line water’s edge.
You will then stroll through narrow alleyways in Dubai’s oldest Al Bastakiya quarter en route to Dubai Museum located in Al Fahidi Fort built in 1787. You will enjoy the vibrant, colorful market in Souk Al Kabeer before boarding an Abra, traditional water taxi across Dubai Creek.
You will walk through the Spice Souk where sacks of jute overflow with fragrant spices and herbs brought by Dhows sailing in from India and Iran as in bygone times. You will after enjoy a Set Menu lunch at an Emirati restaurant. the tour will continue to Zabeel Palace for a photo-stop outside the home of Dubai’s ruler and UAE’s Vice President.
The next stop will be at the 21st century Etihad Museum, where you will learn about the story of UAE’s foundation
You will have a unique experience-driven journey through pavilions, exhibitions and interactive programs exploring the events leading to UAE’s unification in 1971. Finally, you will see the Union House where the documents of unification were signed.
Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees & Abra ride
- • Children (4-11 years): reduced
Pick-up service is available from your accommodation in Dubai. Please provide your hotel address when booking and confirm with the local operator the pick-up time. You will find the contact information in the voucher.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Languages: The public tour is in English and in German. The guide will speak both languages during the tour
- Dress code: lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised. Hats are advisable when in direct sunlight. The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops, and villages
- The local tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled programs because of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or other similar circumstances
- Delays in hotel pick-up may occur due to traffic conditions or due to other clients en route to your hotel for the public tour
- Every Thursday
- Hotel pick-up between 08.30 am - 09.30 am approximately
- The pick-up time may vary according to your hotel location in Dubai
In a short period of time, Dubai has succeeded in becoming one of the most famous and sophisticated ...
Based on the popular music venue that was pioneered by the Elefteriades brothers in Beirut, Music Ha...
Your tour starts with a drive through the Sheikh Zayed Road, where you will be able to appreciate th...
Enjoy the luxurious outing to one of the greatest hotels and landmarks in the UAE. The Burj Al Arab,...
This adventurous desert safari will take you to the heart of Dubai’s most popular desert known as ‘L...
Dubai Frame is the highlight of the Dubai skyline. Known as the world's largest photo frame, it cons...