Private tour of Cinque Terre from La Spezia Cruise Port
- Enjoy a guided tour of an amazing Unesco World Heritage site: the Cinque Terre (five lands)
- Learn about the history of Cinque Terre's five villages, that date from the early medieval time
- Explore the magic lands of Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore
- Take colorful pictures of the contrasts between the houses and the sea, for a memory that will last with you forever!
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called Cinque Terre, a precious Unesco World Heritage site since 1997. You will meet your private guide at the cruise terminal and then the tour, lasting for about 6 hours in total, will start from the train station of La Spezia, where you will board the train '5 Terre Express'. This is a dedicated train which goes through these 5 fishing villages and will allow you to discover them at your own pace and time.
In fact, you'll have the chance to decide, together with your expert guide which of the villages you'd prefer to visit, or if you wish to see all of them, that's possible too! Get ready to marvel at wonderful scenery, colored houses built on impressive cliffsides, and a stunning landscape all around you in a place where cars were banned over a decade ago.
Listen to the history of these magic lands: Cinque Terre's five villages date from the early medieval period. Monterosso, the oldest, was founded in 643 AD, and Riomaggiore came next, purportedly established in the 8th century by Greek settlers fleeing persecution in Byzantium.
The others are Vernazza, Corniglia and Manarola. Much of what remains in the villages today dates from the late High Middle Ages, including several castles and a quintet of illustrious parish churches.
At the end of your tour, your guide will accompany you back to La Spezia cruise port.
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera with you!
Please note: the '5 Terre Express' train ticket is not included in the price, you can buy it - with your guide's help - at La Spezia train station. This way, you can decide which ticket you want to buy based on your preferences for the day.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Train ticket to visit the Cinque Terre (your guide will help you buy it at La Spezia train station)
- Food and drinks
Viale Italia, 5, 19124 La Spezia SP, Italy
Meet your guide in front of the white building "Cruise Terminal".
- Please note that this tour does not include the '5 Terre Express' train ticket
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be canceled and you will be given a full refund
- This tour runs every day starting at 9.00am or 10.00am
If your cruise ship stops in La Spezia, you can take your time to enjoy 2 amazing Tuscan cities.With...
Join this private tour to discover the stunning Ligurian lands called "Cinque Terre", a precious Une...
Join this private tour led by a local guide to discover the stunning Ligurian lands known as Cinque ...
La Spezia is a small town and the best place to stay while visiting the amazing Cinque Terre. Surrou...
One of the most evocative places to taste the Cinque Terre wines is an old wine cellar: with this to...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...