Changing of the Guard walking tour
- Experience the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Discover the history behind famous London landmarks
- Enjoy a 2 hour guided walk in a small group
On this two hour semi-private tour, you and up to eight guests will discover together the typical London phenomenon of the Changing of the Guard in a way that few other tourists ever will. Expect to nab a few amazing photos along the route!
You'll begin at iconic Trafalgar Square where you'll discover the history of the regiments before making your way to the Horse Guards Palace where the Calvary on Guard includes more than a few impressive steeds that take part in the ceremony.
Head up the Duke of York Steps, near the monumental Admiralty Arch before learning about various monarchs like George VI and Elizabeth in front of their statues. Stroll the Mall to St. James Palace, but be mindful to arrive on time to witness the inspection of the soldiers.
You’ll then follow your guide and the new regiment along the Mall to the monumental Buckingham Palace and watch the entire spectacle unfold before your eyes, without getting lost in the crowds. Follow the now-off-duty troops to the Wellington Barracks to end the tour, and continue your London adventures knowing that you have participated fully in one of the world’s most famous rituals.
- 2 hour guided semi-private walking tour
- Changing of the guard ceremony
- Food and beverages
- Optional gratuities
- Child (9 and under): reduced
- Youth (10 to 17 years): reduced
National Gallery, London
Meet by the Red telephone booth by the Sainsbury Wing entrance of the National Gallery
- Changing the Guard can sometimes be canceled, especially in wet weather. The decision to cancel can be made by the Captain of the Guard sometimes as late as 10:45 am on the day
- Schedules can and do change from time to time, sometimes without notice, meaning the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace cannot be guaranteed
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Departs at 9:30 am
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Join King Henry VIII at his royal banquet and be part of 1,000 years’ history at London’s extraordin...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
The Immersive Experience combines Jeff’s Musical Version, immersive theatre, virtual reality, augmen...