London in a day: Tower of London, Westminster Abbey & changing of the guard
- Includes more entrance tickets than any other London in a day tour (with Westminster Abbey & Tower of London)
- Beat the crowds with the first entrance at Westminster Abbey
- Watch two changing of the guards from the best vantage points
Your day will begin by beating the crowds as you visit Westminster Abbey and look at the church's tumultuous history with your very own guide. Then, you’ll avoid the large crowds gathered in front of Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard and head to Wellington Barracks instead. This is where most of the ceremony actually takes place including the band’s performance and the highly-formal uniform checks. On the other side of the St. James’s Park, you’ll step into the Horse Guards Parade to witness a much less famous but perhaps even more impressive ceremony: The changing of the Queen’s Life Guard. As you watch the guards go through the ceremony, your guide will explain the significance of everything from the armor they wear to the colors on their uniforms.
Your next stop is Trafalgar Square, the geographic center of London and one of the city’s most iconic public spaces where your guide will tell you about the naval history and after lunch, you'll head to the Thames for a scenic river cruise that will take you past a number of London landmarks.
Your last stop of the day will be the Tower of London. With pre-reserved tickets at the quietest time of day, you won’t have to battle crowds to enjoy this iconic landmark and you'll even have some time at the end to see the Crown Jewels on your own.
- Entrance to Westminster Abbey
- Entrance to Tower of London
- Changing of the Guard
- Horseguards Parade
- River cruise along the Thames
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off
- Gratuities to guides (appreciated but never obligatory)
- Infant (up to 3 years old): Free
- Children (4-12 years old): Reduced
Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3JX
Please meet your guide at the Winston Churchill statue in Parliament Square.
- Please be advised that there is no Changing of the Guard on Saturdays
- On days that 'Changing of the Guard' does not take place, guests will see Horse Guards Parade
- Unfortunately, this tour doesn't accommodate guests with mobility impairments (wheelchairs or strollers)
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72-hours before your chosen tour time
- Photographs not permitted inside Westminster Abbey
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please note that, for security reasons, bag searches will take place at Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge and at the Tower of London
- This tour runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- It departs at 9.00am and lasts for 8 hours
- The meeting time is at 8.45am
Visiting while the government is in recess, you’ll be able to visit the House of Commons and House o...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
Over the last 10 years, street food markets have ‘popped up’ all around the city. It won’t matter wh...
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
Entry to St Paul’s Cathedral in London lets you admire the the structure's majestic beauty. Designed...
On this tour, you'll head straight for Stonehenge –– the most popular prehistoric monument in the wo...
Tea with the Queen is not something we can arrange when you visit London. But don’t be disappointed,...
Start your tour with a skip-the-line and early entrance into the Jewel House where, standing inside ...
Discover the most diverse living plant collection in the world with a visit to Kew Gardens. Whether ...
Set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains and to the evocative rhythms of Africa, Disney's mul...