Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen trip from Madrid
- An architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site
- An impressive 150 meters high cross over the nature reserve of Madrid mountain range
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site, and the Valley of the Fallen, a basilica that stands out for its gigantic size.
Royal Monastery of El Escorial
We will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, for years it had been considered the eighth wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
Located 9km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 meters of altitude, where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
- Lunch and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 0-5 years old: free
- Children 6-15 years old: reduced
- Senior +65 years old: reduced
Calle San Nicolás, 13, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Juliá Travel office at San Nicolás 15 (next to Plaza de Ramales) Madrid.
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- The tour ends at underground parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2
- Tuesday to Sunday at 8.45am
- Check-in time: 8.30am
Sunday March 15, After Brunch starts big this 2020 with its 5 Anniversary, we have chosen a surprisi...
First 100% Newstyle event in collaboration with the best national label Masia, we offer Newstyle Con...
150 lands at FABRIK on March 7, 2020 from 11:30 p.m. with 3 dance areas and the best music‼ ️ We dan...
Friday, February 28, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace ...
Friday, March 20, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace Bui...
Friday, March 27, Stardust Madrid x Serendipia Club Madrid "IN EXILE" in SALA BASH (Press Palace Bui...