Start your day with a pick-up from your hotel in Muscat and move to Marina Bandar to board your traditional wooden dhow. These handcrafted vessels have been used to trade around the Arabian Peninsula for centuries. When you move forward you will see Oman’s Hajar Mountains and rugged coastline, where cliffs open to secluded bays and tiny fishing villages. You will pass through Muscat Yacht Club and the picturesque village of Sidab, where colorful fishing boats speckle the beach. Take photos of Cemetery Bay, home to the graves of British servicemen, and cruise into old Muscat harbor. See the cliff paintings depicting the ships and gaze at the 16th-century forts of Jalali and Mirani, both gurading over the Al Alam Palace: the residence of the Sultan of Oman. Afterwards, sail into Muttrah harbor and enjoy the views over the glittering, whitewashed Corniche set against the barren mountains. Then, as the sun sets and casts everywhere in a golden glow, drift by the Al Bustan Palace, one of Oman’s luxurious hotels. This magnificent building stands alone on a mountain-ringed bay. After two hours on the water, you will sail back to the marina and be transferred back to your hotel.
Cruises and boat tours
Traditional dhow cruise with transfer
Availability: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday
Duration: up to 2 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- See the main sightseeing attractions of Muscat
- Capture enchanting views at sun set
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- No assigned seating so you can choose your favorite spot when you get there
- Avoid the traffic - transportation included so you won't be late
What to expect
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks
You will find the local operator's details in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Please note that the transfer is on a shared basis
- According to your hotel location you will picked up from the hotel approximate 1 hour before the tour starts
- Please insert your pick-up details (hotel name and address form Muscat only) at check-out
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday at 4.00pm
- The pickup from Muscat city hotels will be at 3.15pm
Travco Oman LLC
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.