Skip-the line guided tour of Musée Rodin
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
- Save time and see more with skip-the-line access
Auguste Rodin is, arguably, one of the world’s most recognizable sculptors, and he bequeathed his entire collection of work and art to what became the Rodin Museum. On this 1.5 to 2 hour guided museum tour, guests will explore the Hotel Brion, a mansion filled with Rodin’s personal collection and artwork. Your enthusiastic guide will reveal the techniques behind his iconic pieces while unfolding his personal life and struggles as an artist.
Rodin lived in this brilliant mansion, which today is filled with a selection of his sculptures and a sample of his 200 or so paintings by artists including Van Gogh. Rodin worked tirelessly to explore the human form, which is apparent in the numerous casts of hands and the curiously-positioned “The Walking Man.” Your guide will discuss his contemporaries and colleagues, like the French writer Balzac, whom he immortalized in clay and bronze. You’ll learn all about the details of his masterpiece, “The Gates of Hell,” including the most recognizable of Rodin’s work, “The Thinker.”
Once you have exhausted the interior, you can enjoy the serenity of the outdoor gardens where more sculptures are on display. This tour will introduce you intimately to the man who helped launch modern sculpture, even if by accident, in the very spot where he created some of his most notable pieces.
Highlights generally include (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.):
- Museum History
- Beginning of Carreer (bust of Rose, Man with the broken nose, the titans)
- Saint John the Baptist; The Call; The Gates of Hell (the Thinker, the Kiss)
- Public Monuments (Burghers of Calais)
- The Workshop of the Artist
- Victor Hugo
- Camille Claudel
- The Walking Man
- Gardens (some of the final versions made of bronze (Burghers, Gates of Hell, Thinker, etc..)
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Rodin Museum, 77 Rue de Varenne, 75007 Paris, France
Meet your guide 10 minutes prior to your tour starting time on the left side of the main entrance. Outside of the museum.
- Tour minimum participants required: 2 people (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- High/Moderate amount of walking is involved
- NOT available for people with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative
- Some specific rooms inside the museum are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. Some collections may vary along the year
From Tuesday to Saturday
Departure at 1.30pm
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend a day enjoying two of Paris’s greatest sights as your local guide introduces you to the art, h...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...