Private Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tour with skip-the-line access
- Skip the line at the 3 most important sites of Ancient Rome: the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- A private tour with a dedicated, expert English-speaking guide who can personalize your visit ensuring a unique experience
- Choose which sites you wish to focus on and how much time you want to spend in each
- Your Ancient Rome experience is customizable and completely up to you
- Covering three ancient sites in just half a day, you can be sure you're not missing out
Get VIP treatment with your own Private Ancient Rome Tour as you skip all the lines and enjoy the privilege of customizing your own tour. You can choose the focus of your tour and spend more time visiting sites that interest you. This private tour can be tailored to visit any of the general access areas within the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Skip the line into the Roman Empire as you enter the Colosseum. Step into the world’s most famous amphitheater, where ferocious battles of gladiators and exotic animals entertained the Romans and their emperors. Your expert guide will tell the rich history and stories of the Colosseum leaving you with vivid images of an era that still fascinates and excites everyone to this day.
Visit the Roman Forum, heart of Ancient Rome’s political and commercial center, where you will see the temple that houses the altar of Julius Caesar. Stroll along the original paths and admire the astonishing remains of the Via Sacra (Sacred Way), which once sparkled with festivals and triumphal processions. Surround yourself with majestic temples, awe-inspiring palaces, and magnificent basilicas built over two thousand years ago!
Experience Palatine Hill, the foundation and heart of Ancient Rome and where Emperors of the Roman era built their palaces overlooking the Colosseum and Roman Forum. History tells us that this is the location where Romulus killed his brother, Remus, after quarreling over where the city should be built. Take a step back in time as you are guided through the Roman Empire’s majestic villas and gardens. See firsthand where the Emperors lived, ruled, and became immortal.
Knowledgeable, enthusiastic and articulate English-speaking tour guides will cater specifically to your needs and make your private visit to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum unique and unforgettable. With skip-the-line access, you’ll have more time to experience the sites, enjoy your day and create memories you will cherish forever.
- Skip-the-line access to all sites
- Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- A dedicated, expert, English-speaking tour guide just for you
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (0-3) years old: free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
- Prices are per person and vary according to the number of participants
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
The tour commences above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Your City Wonders coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders /Guideman polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip-the-line access and careful planning limit crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
Meeting Time: 9.45am / 2.45pm
Departure Time: 10.00am / 3.00pm
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
- From January 2020, this tour's availability will change, please see the calendar.
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
This unique day trip will give you the chance to experience this wonderful UNESCO recognized landsca...
This tour for small groups allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican following the explan...
After meeting your guide you will have access tickets to attend the weekly General Audience that Pop...
Dine in a typical, local restaurant in the Trevi area, then enjoy a leisurely walk through the livel...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Come to Gelateria Verde Pistacchio, in the very center of Rome, and meet the instructor and Ice-crea...