Rome in a day with guided tour of the Pantheon
- Visit all the top sites in a single day with a private transfer to whisk you across the city
- Get all-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum
- Spend the day with an expert art historian tour guide
- See the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona with a scoop of gelato thrown in for good measure
For those without much time to see Rome, we’ve combined two of our best-selling tours into one. Be prepared to see all of Rome’s most important sights in a single day. Our Rome in a Day Tour distills the very essence of Roman history, culture, art, and architecture into a single day of immersive travel. Our expert guides will take you from the ancient roots of the Eternal City to the very height of its empire while giving you the stories and anecdotes that bring the epic tale to life.
We start at the Colosseum, bypassing the long lines with all-inclusive tickets that bring you straight to the ancient world’s greatest sports arena. Your guide will give you the harrowing tails of gladiators and martyrs that have made the Colosseum famous and also explain their political and social importance to ancient Romans.
You'll then stroll over to the Roman Forum to learn how it functioned as the beating heart of Rome’s all-encompassing empire. Instead of slogging through the crowds inside the Forum (we don’t have much time, after all!) your guide will lead you to a stunning overlook. From there you will be able to take in the entire panorama of the Forum, including the Senate House and Temple of the Vestal Virgins. It will be easy to imagine how the Forum must have appeared 2,000 years ago as you hear the stories of war, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city.
No walk through ancient Rome is complete without taking a look inside the Pantheon. This nearly 2,000-year-old building is the largest un-reinforced concrete dome in the world. As you goggle up at it from inside, you’ll hear the story of how it was built and why it has inspired so many other buildings, from St. Peter’s Basilica to the U.S Capitol Building.
Jumping ahead in history, you’ll be treated to a delicious gelato as you stroll through streets made famous by films like Roman Holiday, stopping at the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few glamorous photo ops.
You will then be transferred near to the Vatican: your local expert will accompany you in a taxi or bus here to make sure you don’t have any transport issues. Here you will have some free time for lunch before continuing with the Vatican Highlights tour. Once you’ve skipped the long lines with your all-inclusive ticket , you’ll meet your Vatican expert and delve into one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
Our specially-curated Vatican tour highlights the best works in the huge (some might say overwhelming) collections and give you a broad understanding and appreciation of what you’re seeing. Along the way, we’ll explore the Raphael Rooms, sculpture galleries, and the world-famous Laocoön Group.
The day ends contemplating Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. From there you can choose between extending your stay in the chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel. We recommend that you follow your guide since it will save you a walk of 30-40 minutes and, during busy times, over an hour of waiting in line.
With a group of 15 people or fewer, an expert local guide and no time wasted waiting in lines this tour guarantees unfettered access to Rome’s greatest historical and cultural treasures. If you only have a day to see it all, this is the ultimate tour to experience the epic grandeur of the Eternal City.
- The Colosseum
- Vatican Museums
- St Peter’s Basilica (optional)
- Campidoglio with view of the Roman Forum
- The Pantheon
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi Fountain
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum
- Privileged express entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Transport from City Center to the Vatican
- Free homemade gelato
- Groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants under 4: free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
First part of your full-day tour: Outside Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum). Afternoon Part - Meet your guide at 2.00pm to depart at 2.15pm. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19.
- There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags and big pointy umbrellas will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with skip-the-line access, this may mean a slight delay in entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!)
- St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are holy places and thus, the attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the Vatican
- Your tour will end in St. Peter's Basilica where you will have skip-the-line entrance to get inside, though there is no guided explanation inside the church
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction
- Meeting Time: 8.30am
- Departure Time: 8.45am
Enjoy the skip-the-line access to the Colosseum and uncover the history and the archaeological wonde...
Discover the ancient port city of Rome, the secret ruins of Ostia Antica. By joining this tour, you’...
Rome is a city that has built and rebuilt upon itself for thousands of years. Our Crypts, Bones & Ca...
Follow in the footsteps of gladiators accessing the Colosseum through the Gladiators' gate! Enjoy fa...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
Discover the soul of the Eternal City by joining a tour of some of Rome’s most stunning hidden gems ...
Explore a secret, subterranean world beneath the streets of Rome on a 3-hour guided, walking tour. E...
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este on a 5-hour tour that d...
Coming to a city as (wonderfully) chaotic as Rome can be daunting. We want to give you a warm, Itali...