Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica skip-the-line morning tour
- Uncover the history of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Discover the most famous masterpieces and art collection of the world
- Morning guided walking tour with skip-the-line access to the attractions
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. You won't have to worry about waiting in long lines. You'll be ensured that you skip the lines and your expert guides will be there to give you an insider's point of view.
No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums which are composed of 54 galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. The Museums are home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, with artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, to name a few. An experience that is sure to inspire the art lover in anyone.
The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483 the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the famous ceiling and The Final Judgement painted by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, it is still used for religious purposes such as the Papal Conclave - the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
As a popular pilgrimage site, St. Peter's Basilica is also one of the largest in the world and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
- Entrance tickets
- Professional guide
- Wireless audio headsets
- Pick-up service (if selected)
- Transport (if selected)
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-2 years): free
- Child (3-7 years): reduced
Piazza del Risorgimento, 54, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Tour without pick-up: the meeting point is in Piazza del Risorgimento at the Bar Caffetteria L’Ottagono, please be there no later than 15 minutes before the tour starts
Tour with pick-up: please call the number you can find on your voucher 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pick-up time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pick-up time
- Note that the tour is available in French only on Saturdays from 1 November to 31 March
- On Wednesdays the tour will not cover the Basilica due to the Papal Audience
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case, the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library. This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed
- The tour starts at 8.30am or 11.00am (English), select the time during the reservation process. If you book the 8.30am tour, you cannot take the 11.00am one, and vice-versa (unless you inform the provider at least 24 hours before the tour date)
- This tour ends in St. Peter's Square
- 11.00am (English only)
If you'd rather visit the Vatican Museums on your own without a guided tour, but still want to skip ...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Join a guided walking tour of one of Rome's most interesting neighborhoods, the Jewish quarter. List...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
Once an ancient resort area famed for its beauty and its water, Tivoli was a popular ancient resort ...
Visit two of the most important cities in Tuscany departing right from your hotel in Rome: you'll cr...