Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s and Sistine Chapel tickets with skip-the-line private tour
- A 3-hour private, guided tour to see the best the Vatican has to offer
- Save valuable time with the special skip-the-line ticket included
- Decide with your guide which areas you want to spend more time in
- Organize the tour according to your needs
With this Skip-the-line private Vatican tour, you will have the time and flexibility to experience areas of the Vatican Museums, such as how long you want to spend inside the Sistine Chapel or St. Peter’s Basilica - all in a way and at a pace that suits you. Having your own personal guide means you will set the agenda for your tour. This Vatican Tour promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Sites visited include the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square.
Your private tour starts with skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museum. You will be able to pass the general access lines where people often wait for several hours. You will have the chance to explore places such as the Pinecone Courtyard, the Hall of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of the Candelabra and the incredible Raphael Rooms. Your guide will bring these halls and works of art to life by telling you stories about the artists behind the masterpieces and pointing out important details you could miss on your own.
Experience the Sistine Chapel like no one else. You will be able to have an enriching experience with your personal guide. They will point out all the details and give richness to the experience by sharing with you history you may not know. For example, Michelangelo’s boneless self-portrait he painted was to express that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again. As incredible as his work is, it was a backbreaking feat of willpower – a fact you will understand after learning what it takes to create a fresco.
St. Peter’s Basilica
With skip-the-line access, you will also go to St. Peter’s Basilica through a VIP entrance. Here you will see the incredible altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture, La Pietà, before heading outside for a tour of St. Peter’s Square. Your guided tour finishes here, but you have the option to see and explore more! You can admire Bernini’s clever optical illusion, spot the balcony where the Pope delivers his public addresses and take scenic photographs.
- No-wait access, VIP partner entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Dedicated expert tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (0-5 years): free (strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour)
Viale Vaticano, 98, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended. Entrance into the Vatican Museums requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited
- On Wednesday mornings and afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience
- The Vatican Museums can get very busy with numbers rising year-on-year so be aware that there may be crowds
- Unfortunately, this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Note: This tour has multiple departure times. The guest must select only one departure time on the calendar when booking, and times are not interchangeable
- This service ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square at around 1.00pm for the morning tour and 5.30pm for the afternoon tour
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Enjoy a tour of the Vatican Museums highlights! Your guide will lead you directly past the queues st...
- The full price ticket costs 13 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros - The price listed in the c...
Welcome To Rome is a fascinating and surprising show spread over 5 rooms and dedicated to Rome: you ...
Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and dis...
Feel like a local as an Italian chef welcomes you to a private Roman apartment, teaching you how to ...