The Mission District is one of San Francisco's most interesting and eclectic neighborhoods, combining a range of influences into one unique culture. The Mission District Food Tour not only lets you skip the lines and taste delectable delights at a number of notable establishments, but it also offers some insight into how the Mission has grown into such a beloved locale. This 3-hour walking tour includes 5 tastings at different establishments.
They are subject to change, but usually include 5 of the following places:
- Taqueria Cancun (est. 1985): The most perfectly marinated meat tacos in SF
- Mission Chinese (est. 2010) Founder Danny Bowien nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award
- Delfina Pizza (est. 2005) Delicious Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas
- Tartine Bakery (est. 2002) The best French-style bakery in San Francisco, and you'll get to skip the lines!
- Ali Baba's Cave (est. 2003) The most delicious, moist falafel in SF
- Craftsman and Wolves (est. 2010) Where the paths of food and design intersect
As you stroll from tasting to tasting, your guide will point out and explain the culture, history and landmarks of the area. You'll see colorful Latino markets, Diego Rivera-inspired murals and much more! Whether you're a visitor in town for only a few days, or a local born and raised, you're sure to learn something on this informative tour.
About Sidewalk Tours...
Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco boasts a food tour repertoire that includes tours of North Beach, The Mission and Chinatown. Not only do our guides know where to take you for the tastiest flavors, but they also have a wealth of knowledge about each neighborhood to share as you stroll. Our tours allow you to eat like a San Franciscan and gain local insights into the blocks you walk. While we want you to enjoy all of the tasty treats, we also want you to learn some things along the way. That's why you'll experience the culture, learn the history and see the landmarks that make North Beach, The Mission and Chinatown such notable locales. Our tastings are robust and unique; oftentimes, our guests say they've eaten enough to cover lunch by the time their tour has concluded. Whether you're a local or a visitor, or if you need a great gift idea for your favorite Bay Area foodie, check out a Sidewalk Food Tour of San Francisco! You'll find you've made your most delicious decision yet!