Alsace full-day shared wine tour from Strasbourg
- A wonderful snapshot of the Alsace wine region
- Push your senses to the limits - sample wines and learn to describe them
- Enjoy 3 guided tastings at specially selected wineries
Enjoy a full day wine tour in the Alsace vineyards. The Alsace Wine Route winds its way from north to south, for more than 170 kilometers (106 miles) along the eastern foothills of the Vosges. You will discover its exceptional natural beauty across rows of undulating, vine-covered hills, and through quaint villages.
You will begin the day with a stop in the Mittelbergheim / Barr wine producing regions. The area is home to the Zotzenberg, Kastelberg, Wiebelsberg and Kirchberg Grand Crus and the soils found here are particularly favorable for Riesling. Here, experience your first Alsace wine discovery by tasting a selection of different wines including Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner and Riesling.
You will then go to Dambach-la-Ville wine area. The village itself is considered to be located at the heart of the Alsace wine region and the place for the Grand Cru Frankstein. Riesling and Gewurztraminer are particularly well adapted to the well-drained granite-mica scree which filters water and retains heat well. You will enjoy a second wine tasting session in a typical “caveau”, the name given to the local wineries.
After some free time for lunch, you will be driven at the Ribeauvillé/Riquewihr wine producing area that is surrounded by 5 Grand Crus appellations: Geisberg, Kirchberg, Osterberg, Schoenenbourg and Sporen. You will you be amazed by the beauty of these two Medieval towns, and you will experience your afternoon tasting in one of the most highly selected wineries so as to complete your Alsace wine tasting experience.
During the afternoon, you will also learn about wine & food pairing. The excursion will also include some stops in stunning locations for photography enthusiasts.
- Wine tasting in 3 typical wineries
- English speaking driver guide
- Travel in comfortable & fully equipped minivans
- Roundtrip transportation from Strasbourg
- Bottles of water in the minivan
- Free Wifi access on board
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
17 Place de la Cathédrale, Strasbourg
- You will meet your guide in front of Strasbourg Tourism Board, 17 Place de la Cathédrale, Strasbourg
- Please be sure to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate.
- Adults only tour.
- Tour is operated in English.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- From 9.00am to 5.00pm
- From March 1st to November 30th, 2019
The Strasbourg Pass is a fantastic little checkbook to help you visit more and spend less! The Stras...
Spend an half-day touring Alsace and tasting varietals in one of France's top wine regions and disco...
This tour has been carefully designed for travelers that wish to get the most out of their stay here...
You will discover the city of Strasbourg in a fun and informative way as you taste some of the best ...
During this half-day tour, you will discover the spa town of Baden Baden nestled at the foot of the ...
Pass'Alsace is the ideal tourist Pass to visit Alsace with your family and friends. Enjoy a free adm...