Learn to row as a Venetian
- Row a traditional Venetian boat through the canals of the city
- Enjoy a 1-hour ride through the city's less crowded corners and bridges
- Have fun while learning more about Venetian boats and ancient rowing techniques
Learn how to row a traditional Venetian boat through the canals of the city! Meet the Master at its squero (gondola laboratory), in the picturesque area of Cannaregio and begin this amazing experience.
Damiano will provide a brief introduction about the world of Venetian boats and he will show you how to row following the ancient techniques. Then, get on the Venetian boat and move through the labyrinth of Venetians canals. For about 1 hour, you’ll personally move your own boat along romantic corners and under small bridges! The activity will take place in a quiet and not busy area of the city where you can row without being scared by other boats, far-away from the overcrowded touristic area.
Damiano is one of the last “maestri d'ascia” (someone who preserves the art of building and crafting gondola) and every day he teaches to the gondoliers' sons how to row, preparing them to their future work! So, you will learn the art of rowing from a real expert master.
- Tour with live commentary
- Shared lesson with expert master in Venetian rowing
Cannaregio 3009 G, 30121 Venice VE
Venice On Board
- The activity does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or bad weather (it can be postponed later or to the day after, otherwise it will be refunded)
- The tour will be held in both English and Italian
- Only people over 18 years old can participate in this activity
- Please wear appropriate clothes for an outdoor activity
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- From 10th July 2019 until 31st October 2020
- From Tuesday to Sunday at 9:30 am, 11:00 am, 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm
- The tour does not take place on 24th, 25th, 26th, 31th December and for all January and February
A single day. A unique opportunity. Discover Venice and its two small islands along with the most in...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
On this tour led by a private expert guide, you will discover the most beautiful and famous monument...
Padua's history, culture and traditions turned it into one of the most charming and picturesque citi...
The purpose of this itinerary is to approach the Armenian culture and the historical presence in Ven...
Spend a magic night like a Venetian noble, taking a Gondola ride, crossing the Grand Canal to arrive...