Begin your tasting tour in the same way that most Italians begin their day: with an espresso! Pair the robust coffee with a delicious pastry, before continuing with the walk. As you continue to your next food stop, listen at your tour leader illustrating stories and curiosities of Verona’s most important squares where Veronese people buy and take their food or aperitif. Make your way to a local delicatessen shop to taste some fresh salami and Parma ham, but also the famous Parmigiano cheese with balsamic vinegar. Afterward stop in a small and very local take-away pizzeria to taste one of the most delicious pizza in the city, made traditionally with sourdough starter. Than it's time for a good glass of local wine in a local Osteria, you could choose from Prosecco, Valpolicella or the famous Amarone. Continue to a local workshop where fresh tortellini are made by hand. Learn about the process of making pasta, from mixing and rolling the dough to stuffing it, sample some of the freshly made pasta. If it's summer, finish your tour with a yummy icecream and see how at the end of this food walking tour you’ll feel like a real local!
Excursions & day trips
Verona food and wine tasting with walking tour
Availability: Every day
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- 3.5-hour food tour of Verona, led by an expert guide
- Discover the charm of the city and learn about Verona's culinary scene
- Visit a tortellini workshop to see how the pasta is made
- Taste typical Italian food and drink including espresso, cheeses, olive oil and locally produced wines
- Numbers limited to 12 people, ensuring a small-group experience
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Official tourist guide english speaking
- Food and wine tasting
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 6-12 years: reduced fee
- Children 0-5 years: free of charge
Stradone Porta Palio, 29, Verona, VR, Italia
Meeting Point: 10 minutes prior at VERONALITY office, Stradone Porta Palio, 29
What to remember
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change, mostly due to the weekly closing of the shops, Vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- Starting time at 10.00am
- Duration: 3.5 hours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 8 days before the activity begins. If you cancel up to 2 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.