This guided museum tour will tell the story of a motley crew of colonists who built one of the world’s most influential and powerful countries, the United States. You will be able to see American artifacts at the National Museum of American History learning all the key facts from a knowledgeable guide. The Smithsonian National Museum of American History demonstrates the US’s rise through a unique assortment of items like the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Hear about the country’s first president, George Washington, while looking at his sword. You can also learn how Hollywood has impacted this country when you feast your eyes on Dorothy’s iconic ruby red slippers. Have a conversation on dark historical past of segregation through the Greensboro lunch counter and the pivotal part that the first ladies’ gowns played. This tour will help you comprehend the choppy history that has manifested in the United States of America.
Museums & art galleries
Semi-private tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- See American artifacts at the National Museum of American History learning all the facts
- Learn how Hollywood has impacted this country when you feast your eyes on Dorothy’s iconic ruby red slippers
- Comprehend the choppy history that has manifested in the United States of America
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Expert guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Please meet at the entrance by the fountain in front of Constitution Ave.
What to remember
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability
Babylon Tours Inc.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience