Amalfi Coast day trip from Rome with limoncello tasting
- Explore the Amalfi Coast with an intimate small group of 18
- Discover the beauty of Positano and browse the souvenir shops of Amalfi town
- Sip homemade limoncello on a farm overlooking coast
On this all-inclusive day trip you’ll enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worry about the logistics. From the winding streets of quaint, cliffside towns, to sparkling blue waters and picturesque hilltop farms; you’ll see, touch, taste, and experience this incredible region like never before.
The day starts in Rome where you’ll catch a high speed train to Naples with an intimate group of no more than 18 fellow travelers and an expert tour leader. From there you’ll hop on a private, air-conditioned bus that will wind its way up into the narrow roads of the Amalfi Coast. Your first stop is Positano, a small fishing town that has long been the holiday destination of choice for VIPs, from the Romantic poets of the 19th century to today’s Hollywood stars.
After an orientation walk with your guide you’ll have two hours of free time in which you can browse the boutiques and enjoy a relaxing lunch of local delicacies at a seaside cafe. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit too, there’s nothing nicer on a summer’s day than a dip in the sea. Next you’ll board a boat for a 30-minute ride down the coast to Amalfi town. Along the way you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the dramatic coastline as it rises out of the sea in soaring cliffs.
At Amalfi you’ll head up one of those cliffs to a lovely lemon orchard where you’ll enjoy a tasting of one of the region’s most beloved products, the sweet, tangy liqueur called limoncello. The farm is perched above the town and offers stunning views out to sea. After the tasting you’ll have an hour to explore the town and, if you enjoyed your tasting, buy some limoncello. To end the day you’ll hop back on the boat for a 40-minute cruise to Salerno where you’ll catch the train back to Rome.
- Amalfi Coast Drive
- Clifftop farm with lemon orchard for limoncello tasting
- Amalfi Town
- Amalfi Coast boat cruise
- Train tickets to and from the Amalfi Coast
- Private, air-condition bus
- Small groups of max 18 people
- Two boat rides
- Expert tour leader
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): Free
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Roma Termini Train Station
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1, 00185 Roma
Inside Termini train station, just outside the entrance to Caffe Moka, located next to train track number 24 and Coin.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- Meeting Time: 7.00am
- Departure Time: 7.15am
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...