The walking tour starts in the imposing Saint Mark’s square the guide will narrate you history and curiosities of the main monuments as Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. The promenade proceeds to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great School of Charity and ends in Rialto with its stunning bridge and the traditional markets. The guide will bring you in the “Palazzo Ducale”: the seat of the power during the Venetian empire. Its room are incredibly decorated by the greatest artists of times ad Tiepolo and Tiziano. You will be stunned in front of the golden staircase and while you cross the Bridge of Sighs: from here you have a unique view over the Saint Mark’s Basin St. Mark's Basilica, known as the Golden Cathedral, is the symbol of Venice and it is considered the main byzantine masterpiece. Its five domes are covered by gold and incredible artwork! Discover the Pala D’oro and the Saint Mark’s Treasury! The guide will tell you meanings and secrets of the biblical scenes around the Basilica. After the visit of the Basilica you will have the opportunity to visit a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark’s Square where you can see a Glass Craftsman at work. Please note this is a free of charge optional tour of approximately 20 minutes and it is not a part of the tour.
Venice walking tour with Doge's Palace and Golden basilica
- The best landmarks of Venice in one day
- Admire the Golden Basilica and the historical Doge Palace
- Walking tour in the heart of Venice
- Guided walking tour and visit to Doge's Palce and the Basillica with Skip-the-line ticket
- Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Guided tour of Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- Youth (6-14)
- Child (0-5)
Piazza San Marco, 288, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
St. Mark's Square- Clock tower near exchange office (the white building with the blue clock facade). The operator will wait fro you with the sign "TOUR". Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops).
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace: Prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party.
- During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access to St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
Every day at 9:00 AM (not available on Sunday). Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- From April to October the visit is monolingual:
- English, French, Spanish and German every day
- Italian only on Saturday
- From November to March the visit could be bilingual:
- English from Monday to Saturday
- German on Monday and Friday
- French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday